Creative writing, in its broadest sense, covers not only prose writing, but poetry, scriptwriting, memoirs, short story writing, journaling and article writing.
The Advanced Creative Writing Training module is for individuals who are taking writing beyond the rudimentary level and are building a profession around their craft.
Participants of this eight-week course will be exposed to writing standards and styles. They will learn how to research, use source materials, and express their thoughts creatively through fine writing, and quote their references where applicable.
In addition, participants will enjoy the benefit of specialisation in a specific genre of their choosing. So, whether your interests lie in short-story writing or historical fiction, you will enjoy the benefit of courses tailored to meet these areas of study.
- At the end of the intensive training, participants should know the following:
- How to think critically through reading and expression
- How to target your writing to your audience’s needs
- How to become a wordsmith
- How to unlock your creativity
- How to develop good writing habits
- How to uncover your personal writing style and voice
- How to choose an effective point of view
- How to use vivid imagery to bring your ideas to life
- How to self-edit your work
- How to keep track of your fiction ideas
- How to develop outlines for your writing projects
Who is this course for?
- Fiction writers
- Script writers
- Song writers/poets
There are no reviews yet.